I received the BMG clone this week and installed it this morning.
I must say that I am impressed.
It was simple to install (other than juggling all the parts) and because I am using Smoothieware it was very simple to re-calibrate.
As a comparison, it requires about 54% more steps to go a mm, and the drive direction is reversed compared to my Titan setup.
My first test print, a trim end for rubber panel edging, was flawless and the overall print quality was better than when I printed some of them recently with the Titan.
I made no changes whatsoever in the print file, running the exact same .gcode image and printer settings.
The only thing I noticed that I did not care for is that during rapid retractions it squeaks very slightly.
However I suspect that lubricating the idler side roller bearings will make that go away.
The installation was night and day easier than what I went through with the Titan and the hot end mounting is very rigid.
As you had mentioned, I have the clamp spring barely engaged and yet it grips the filament like a Vice Grip.
Time will tell, but so far I am extremely happy with it.
Thanks for the recommendation..!