You asked for it. Not the intention to hijack your thread...
Being busy last time. The Duetwifi is a marvel. I'm thinking of adding the full expansion board (Due5X).
What's in the queue as parts are dropping in :
Give the safety processor it's final place in the system. (Awaiting the arrival of the PCB's I made for it)
Part 1 (by the end of the year) :
- fully closed bottom plate (6mm tooling plate) supporting the Z axis
- Alu electronics box behind the printer and a bit larger
- Z : threaded rods more to the sides (centers at 30mm from the outside) for a larger printing surface (will end up in a modification of the bed)
- Z : 2mm lead instead of 8mm
- Z : Still one stepper foreseen
- X-Y : to CoreXY (want to have my steppers out of the -heated- chamber)
- X-Y : X-gantry will be at the same level as the Y-sliders
Part 2 (when part 1 is behaving well)
- extruderstepper(s) to a level at gantry +100mm (max) using identical CoreXY setup (so a dual CoreXY setup : Duet allows to control more then one stepperdriver for the same axis, hence the Due5X).
- Extruder steppers mimicking the main extruder
- limit length of bowden tubes
- keeping the hot-end part small and compact (moving to a dual hot end)
- limit the total moving mass by putting the load on 2 separated systems
- Extruder steppers level follows the movements of the hotend gantry (hence the Due5X)
- Thinking about how to separate the heated chamber from the level of the (moving) extruder steppers;
New design of the printhead.
I want to use the tip of the nozzle for detecting (and levelling of) the bed.
Possible scenarios here : (nozzle has to be able to move a bit vertically)
- microswitch (simple)
- Piezo (bit more complicated mechanically and a bit of electronics needed)