Just want to help everyone out here. It has been a brutal process but my machine is moving under its own power. ill try to break it down into steps that would make sense to me.
- build printer. use the schematic and the instructions. they contradict each other at times, but follow the schematic where they differ. i will upload a picture of my wiring that will make it a breeze.
- use etcher to 'flash' a copy of octiprint/octopi onto your sd card. use this link to get the octoprint file. it also has instructions. when its done, plug the sd card into the orange pi:
- download arduino from this link:
- download the marlin firmware from the folgertech google doc (in my case under 'dual extruder settings')
- go to the following site. it is an instruction. you will need to download the u8glib file from the page.
6.open the marlin folder you downloaded. navigate to the 'marlin' ino file which is 2kb in size. double click it, and it should open in the arduino app. if not, open arduino app and open that marlin file.
- add the u8glib library file you just downloaded (refer to kookye website for more detailed instructions)
- unplug the usb that connects the orange pi to the mks board and plug it into your computer so your laptop goes straight to the mks board
- in arduino app, click tools, board, select the 'arduino genuino mega or mega 2500', then again click tools, processor, select the mega 2500, then click tools, port, com 3
- click the right facing arrow at the top which says upload when you hover over it. mine took 5 minutes or so to upload, then it says upload complete.
- when upload is complete, unplug your laptop, plug the mks board into the orange pi, and you are ready for setup
then i powered on the machine, went through the setup wizard on the screen, connected to wifi, set timezone etc...........just make sure to record your ip address during this procedure.
at this point, i can manipulate the 3 axes using the touchscreen panel. i can also control the heating bed.
- download the cura settings from the folgertech google doc linked above
- download cura.
- import settings. i wish i could be more specific but i havent gotten to this point. i need admin password to install cura and our tech guy is mia right now.