Here's what I have so far. Overall I haven't had any issues following it (I've just gotten the hot end mounted) so I'd have to say it's looking pretty good. I do lots of mechanical stuff but this is really the first time I've built a printer from a kit as opposed to getting someone else's frustrations on the cheap and debugging it. There's always a line you walk between trying to help a completely inexperienced person put something together vs someone who sort of already knows what they are doing. Since this is really my first printer kit, but as a pretty experienced woodworker, I guess I'm probably somewhere in the middle.
Some of this is sort of kit feedback too, but it affects the manual as well...
General comment: The heads of the screws are all shown as round-head. Assuming they are consistent in the kits, it's a point of confusion when the only ones you can find are of a different head than shown. I first was bothered by this on the Z3 (p11) and Z4 (p12) steps.
added a note in the beginning that some things including bolt heads may be different
There is a call for an M5x30 on step Z4 (p12), but the only thing in my kit was an M5x40, which works.
changed the 30mm to 40mm as it has been updated
I had never heard the term "grub screw" in step F1 (p13) and they were not pictured in the hardware section. I eventually figured it out. I'd call them "set screws" but as long as they are pictured I don't think it matters so much what you call them.
as noted above, they are called both names. I changed it to 'set screw' to remove confusion
F4 (p16) is kind of tricky to do on your own. I ended up assembling the top square and lightly setting the set, er. grub screws so I could set it on top. I then checked for square around the top and tightened the ones along the top down. I then put all the brackets on and just got them halfway tight then squared the verticals. It might save some frustrations (in terms of customer and support) if someone could suggest a more step-by-step method of squaring it all up. I also used a rafter square.
this is the only time I have seen this complaint. As it will take a bit of work to break it up, i'll keep an eye on feedback and might change it at a later date
F6 (p18)... I've bashed myself on this thing numerous times. I'd suggest it be one of the last things in the manual.
added a note to maybe mount it at the end as it could get in the way. There is not really anywhere in a last step to move it to in the current layout
Later on, in looking back on Y2 (p22), I had to scoot the rail over slightly ~55mm vs 50mm when I installed the motor. I'm thinking that putting the spacing measurement on the illustration would be nice.
On Y5 (p25), M3x16 are too long. I had some M3x12 and they worked.
i was requested to remove all of the M3 x 12mm bolts from the build. I do agree but I'm not in charge of the hardware
That's it for now.