Its been a while since I've updated. I believe I have all the fabrication is done and most of the electronics installed. I have not yet mounted the duet wifi board because I am unsure if the wifi antenna will work inside of the metal enclosure that I made. I will do some testing and if it doesnt work, I will mount the board in such a manner that the antenna sticks out the side of the enclosure. My wifi router is only a few feet away (through a wall) so I am hopefull that it will just work.
I am now working on the wiring. I spent waaaaaaaay to long yesterday morning learning to braid 4 strands of wire, but in the end, I think it will be worth the time. Things are much easier to work on and troubleshoot if everything is nice and orderly.
My original plan was to reinstall the stock hot end and extruder and reprint a few things and then install the titan aero. However, I think I'm just going to install the aero now and probably have to use a house fan to cool parts untill I can print a new extruder carriage that integrates a part cooling fan.
Also, all of the new parts I have installed are printed in PLA. In hind-sight, this was probably a mistake since, once enclosed and with the new bed heater, temps inside will likely get hotter than the PLA can handle. I intend to reprint pretty much everything in ABS or another material that can take the heat better.
Here are some pictures showing where i am at.