I had some time today so I pulled out my 713maker gantry kit that I got last week along with the extruder kit. I spent about an hour changing everything and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Not just in appearance but in rigidity of the two sides of the Y gantry. With the melamine, you never really get it torqued down with the T-nuts and bolts. The melamine just crushes and everything loosens up. NOW with metal to metal contact, you can actually TIGHTEN everything up after making sure both sides are aligned and the X rail is perpendicular to the Y frame.
Thank you 713Maker! This is one part that FT could seriously look at as an improvement.